- Amazon (paperback or Kindle for $7.99)
- Barnes & Noble
- IndieBound (I love Elliott Bay Books in Seattle.)
This enlightening book is not just for those with eating issues—it’s for any woman who feels pressured by society to be a certain shape or size. Dr. Rosenfeld talks about:
- why diets don’t work (Really, they don’t. Scientists know this.)
- how our everyday vocabulary hurts our self-esteem, starting in childhood (Mamas, teachers, and leaders of youth take note—there’s advice here on how to model a positive body image for young girls.)
- how to cultivate a resistance to media messages about body shape, size, and the “sinfulness” of our habits (Hint: being hungry and eating something delicious is not a sin.)
Dr. Stacey has created a fantastic read, full of insights, advice, and personal stories about body image from readers of her blog—all presented with an irreverent tone that challenges the status quo. Enjoy.
# # #
Do you have a blog you’ve been wanting to turn into a book? I can help you turn your blog into a professional-quality manuscript. To learn more, contact me for a sample edit!